|Hiring Range:||$24.00-$27.00 per hour, DOE with excellent benefits.|
FT; Variable 8 hour shifts, Sun-Sat between 5am and 10pm. Requires rotating after hours on-call shift.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all heating/cooling systems and boilers on campus, and for the preventative maintenance of all air intake and exhaust systems. The engineer on duty responds to calls for emergency repairs and provides access to buildings and facilities as needed. Reports to the Maintenance Manager.
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities:||
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:||
• Experience or certification in cooling and/or control systems.
• Knowledge of computer operation and technology.
• May often be exposed to hot, dry, dusty or sometimes to cold, wet and/or humid conditions.
• Work is often around very heavy equipment with large awkward tools.
• May occasionally work in high places or in an environment with a high noise level.
• May be exposed to hazardous conditions; e.g. fire boxes, relief valves, hot pipes, etc.
• Required to regularly stand/walk and occasionally climb, balance, or work in cramped areas.
• Must be able to bend and reach, stoop, and kneel while working in a variety of areas.
• Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||To apply, submit your application at https://employment.plu.edu/postings/6612.|
At PLU, diversity is intrinsic to the vitality of learning, resilience and growth. PLU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from members of historically underrepresented and minoritized groups, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and others who would bring broadly diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds in educational, research or other work activities. PLU offers an excellent benefits package including tuition remission for employees and their dependents, retirement plan, medical, dental, paid vacation, major holidays off, and many other great university benefits.
Additional Postings available from Pacific Lutheran University