FT; Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
The Nursing Laboratory Coordinator is responsible for daily operations, scheduling, and support of all nursing laboratory activities (including high and low fidelity simulation). This position also collaborates with faculty to ensure laboratory activities are properly scheduled, equipped and supplied, and provides technical support for all equipment and supplies. Reports to the Lab Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with faculty to ensure students have the resources to meet learning objectives for each lab session.
• Prepare supplies and equipment for scheduled labs and return lab to clean and organized status following lab sessions.
• Collaborate with faculty to facilitate lab schedules and open lab sessions.
• Collaborate with Lab Operations Manager to maintain cleanliness, storage, safe handling of lab supplies, and equipment.
• Collaborate with Lab Operations Manager, faculty, Simulation Lab Coordinator, and staff to publish lab schedule and develop lab policies.
• Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and conduct routine inventory updates. Provide recommendations for budgeting and purchase of equipment, supplies and materials.
• Conduct ongoing maintenance of all simulation equipment, including cleaning, repairing, assuring that all equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
• Provide technical assistance, support and training to faculty, instructors and staff in use of simulation equipment, as necessary.
• Maintain record of repairs required and completed.
• Support/assist in role playing applications, props placement and moulage set-up.
• Interface with equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and system problems.
• Understand the use and operation of different simulation technology and healthcare equipment.
• Assist faculty with running pre-programmed scenarios, assuring all equipment is set up for course programs.
• Maintain current knowledge of simulation equipment catalogs and operation manuals.
• Assist Lab Manager in equipment budgeting.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Knowledge of patient simulation, technologies and applications.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and be a self-starter.
• Ability to be flexible and manage multiple responsibilities.
• Proficient with basic technology tools (PC, audio visual equipment, educational software, teaching mannequins).
• Proficient in MS software applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Internet and database applications.
• Self-motivated and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
1. Associate’s degree in technology or a health-related field.
2. Two years job-related experience.
3. Finalist applicants must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technology, or health-related field.
• RN, EMT, Paramedic, or Certified Respiratory Therapist.
• Previous experience in a simulation lab.
• Must be able to independently move equipment (less than 25 lbs.) and move manikins and larger equipment with the assistance of others.
Pacific Lutheran University purposefully integrates the liberal arts, professional studies and civic engagement in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. With distinctive international programs and close student-faculty research opportunities, PLU helps its 3,100 students from all faiths and backgrounds discern their life’s vocation through coursework, mentorship and internships at world-class Puget Sound-area businesses and institutions.
Founded in 1890 by Norwegian pioneers, PLU continues the distinctive tradition of Lutheran higher education through its commitment to the advancement of knowledge, thoughtful inquiry and questioning, the preparation of citizens in service to the world and to its ongoing reform. Located in the Parkland neighborhood of Tacoma, Washington, PLU is set in a region that also offers vast opportunities for outdoor recreation, culture and sports.
Pacific Lutheran University welcomes applications from women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, and others who would bring additional perspectives to our learning environment. PLU is an equal opportunity employer.
PLU offers an excellent benefits package including tuition remission for employees and their dependents, retirement plan, medical, dental, paid vacation, major holidays off, and many other great university benefits.
DOE with excellent benefits.